WELCOME TO THOUBAL COLLEGE
The Thoubal College was established as a night college in the year 1963 to meet the academic needs of Thoubal area. It was a result of the determined effort of educated pioneers with inspiration and support from the local public. The building of the present Chaoyaima Higher Secondary School was utilized till its own building was constructed in the year 1969 at the present campus. The college was shifted and converted into a day college from the academic session 1969-70.The college is situated at Thoubal Wangmataba Ward No. 2, Thoubal Municipal Council, about 1 kilometre from the National Highway No. 39 (Indo-Myanmar Road) in the Thoubal Khunou Road .
Its campus has an area of about 17 acres having separate Administrative block, Library, Playground, Laboratory facilities for various subjects and qualified staff. A study centre of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is also opened within the campus. This is the oldest degree college in Thoubal district. A new scheme-IGNOU Convergence Scheme under Distance Education Council,New Delhi has been introduce in the college from July,2008 session.
The College is now a full pledged Government College permanently affiliated to the Guwahati University upto the year 1979 and to the Manipur University from 1980 onwards. The college is included in the lists of institutions recognised by University Grants Commission, New Delhi under Section 2(f) and 12(b) of the UGC act. With the delinking of 10+2 courses, the college has become a purely degree college being co-educational and having Arts And Science streams.
Besides the above courses there are others courses for co-curricular activities such as sports, NSS and NCC for boys. the norms annd syllabi of course of studies is in conformity with those framed by the Mnipur University from time to time.
The College has many well qualified and experienced teachers. Many teachers are working as Research Guides Leading to M.Phil/Ph.D. of different Universities. Many teachers are also undergoing Research Projects sponsored by different agencies like UGC, Deptt of Science & Technology, etc.
VISION AND MISSION | THOUBAL COLLEGE
Educating students for career success.
We make every decision to support the career and personal development of our learners. Our curriculum, teaching and services demonstrate that we value the diverse profiles of our learners.
Transforming lives and communities through learning.
Meet the needs of internal and external communities by:
- providing lifelong education and training that produces graduates with the skills necessary to sustain individual career success within a global economy
- providing employers and communities with the human resources they will require for economic success and contribution to the community
- taking a leadership position in influencing education and other related public policies; and conducting applied research that will create the new products and services necessary for sustaining the economic health of our external community
Make Thoubal College the college of choice in our target market by:
- providing high quality, innovative, and responsive education and training programs, including comprehensive education that lead toward certificates, diplomas and applied degrees
- advancing new approaches to education, including academic centres of excellence
- entering into alliances with industry and academic partners to enhance College’s education and applied research thrust
- promoting the unique character of College’s campuses
- providing an effective, supportive, safe, accessible and affordable learning environment, using state-of-the-art information technologies, where appropriate, to support these directions
Make Thoubal College the employer of choice for management, faculty and support staff by:
- promoting a proactive approach to professional development
- ensuring that our people have the necessary support and tools to fulfill their responsibilities
- providing an effective, supportive, safe, secure and accessible working environment
- nurturing continuous improvement of working relationships at all levels in the college
Value and respect our multicultural diversity by:
- sustaining an operating environment that capitalizes on the unique contributions of our multicultural communities
- equipping our students with the skills necessary to respond to the opportunities and challenges associated with ever-changing societal demographics